Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: And he (the electrician) said....Let there be Light!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

And he (the electrician) said....Let there be Light!!!

Another reason to hate the hill scroggin we bought our house from.....

The pool lights never worked, so I pull one of the bulbs out (electrical wire too short to be removed from the water) and found a bulb was indeed burned out. Replaced it and still no lights.

Called an electrician to look at getting an estimate on a timer.

He found a GFI popped, that I did not know was there, also found the light switch for the deep end light behind a bush near the diving board.

Just a rant about a spinless*^%^%$%$&%& that gave me no passdown concerning the pool.

BTW the lights look fantastic.
    Tony
    ______

My Pool set up:

28,000 gal, 40x32x16 True "L" IGP, 3-8.5 ft depth, Hayward 1.5hp Super Pump, Pro Seriews 300# sand filter, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, Barracuda III suction cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Hi, Tony,

"hill scroggin"?, That's a new one to me and I like it....it does require more explanation, however.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Heh, I'm curious what the electrician charged you to press a button on the GFIC and flip a light switch on.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4

The electrician did not charge me anything for pressing the switch, and because of that he will get the timer business.
    Tony
    ______

My Pool set up:

28,000 gal, 40x32x16 True "L" IGP, 3-8.5 ft depth, Hayward 1.5hp Super Pump, Pro Seriews 300# sand filter, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, Barracuda III suction cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

google: Hill scroggin
    Tony
    ______

My Pool set up:

6. Back To Top    #6
    something to do with inbreeding I am guessing?
    Hurricane Rita did not kill me, but she killed my pool!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so

7. Back To Top    #7

Actually it refers to one person's view of a narrow minded lemming in reference to a particular type of motorcycle. It is at Black Echo
    Tony
    ______

My Pool set up:

8. Back To Top    #8

Hello val,

I dare not put lights in my pool and I put flood light on the sunshade, I worry of leak.
    You were saying the GFI pop, that means you drive 110V bulb ?

If I were to put lights, I will prefer 12V with full isolated transformer, GFI or no GFI ...I am scared. I know a bit of electricity and electrocution worry me a great deal.

Also ur case reminded me that an extra length cable was prepared/coiled by light installer when my friend decided to use 12V light, same worry...bulb change while pool is full of water.

Underwater lights is nice though... ...but expensive.
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge