Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New and need help!

1. Back To Top    #1

New and need help!

I am also new to the site and need some help. Currently I am at work and my water tests are at home. I went to a pool store today and was told the issue with my pool is copper. They suggested I use mineral magnet. I am going to use it tonight and let the filter run overnight. But after asking everyone in the store, noone could tell me if it was safe to swim in, or how long to wait to swim after I use it. Would anyone happen to know?
    IG, Gunitie/Plaster (darker blue "lagoon" color), Jandy 1400 SWG (with inline chlorinator option), Jandy AquaLink System w/ 2 HP pump motor, 20,000-23,000 gals, spillway from spa to pool runs when pump is on, waterfall feature and bubbler on tanning ledge, pool is in full sun all day (Dallas Texas), Polaris automatic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Southern NH

Re: New and need help!

What's the symptoms of your pool? Do you have a real test kit like mentioned on this site? All the test numbers are needed to diagnose any issues. Pool school on the top right is a must read. BTW, welcome to TFP.
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New and need help!

Is your water very clear but tinted green?

If it is then they may right. You will need a sequestrant. You can swim immediately after adding it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit