Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA - powder (99%) vs Liquid (35%)

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA - powder (99%) vs Liquid (35%)

Was at the Pool $tore today and got myself confused on the spot.. They have bottles of CYA that aere 35% solution ... They also have a larger box of Dry that is 99% ... He told me that the liquid is (duh) more immediate whereas the powder will take at least 5 days to dilute and be valid for any 'testing" ...

Which do you guys use? The 99% is certainly more expensive, but also nearly 3 times the strength.

thanks in advance.
    30,000 Gal FIBER GLASS (over Gunite Plaster) Pool, Dolphin Nautilus PLUS Robot, (2) Cartridge Filter System (old), 1/2 HP Pump, Full Sun, Solar Heated, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA - powder (99%) vs Liquid (35%)

Might want to check your pricing. I have never ever heard of liquid being less expensive than powdered. We recommend powdered mostly based on that fact. The HTH brand of CYA at Walmart is good stuff and dissolves rapidly in a skimmer sock.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CYA - powder (99%) vs Liquid (35%)

Thanks, off to walmart
    30,000 Gal FIBER GLASS (over Gunite Plaster) Pool, Dolphin Nautilus PLUS Robot, (2) Cartridge Filter System (old), 1/2 HP Pump, Full Sun, Solar Heated, TF-100 Test Kit.