For the past 12 years, we've gone with the pool store's recommendations and used nothing but pucks or sticks and powdered (cal-hypo) shock. We were told when our pool was first opened that we needed to shock once a week, and we stuck with that pretty religiously. But now that we've adopted the BBB method and are following the recommendations here at TFP, we've not had to shock the pool. Not even once. Granted, we've only been on this method for about 10 days, but I was sure that after a couple parties with a relatively heavy bather load it would surely be necessary. But so far the CC remains at 0.5 or less (can't really measure below that, anyway), overnight FC loss is 1ppm or less, and the water's crystal clear. I take a reading in the morning and dump the appropriate amount of bleach in, and that's it. FC does decline steadily over the course of the day as one would expect, but never drops below 1.5. pH is stable at around 7.6, TA holds steady at 100, and all is well with the world.
Should I just not worry about it?