Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbles through jets - no bubbles in filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbles through jets - no bubbles in filter

I'm getting bubbles coming though my jets. I had air in the pump basket and replaced the o-ring. No more air in there. I also replaced the O-ring around my filter. I had some water leaking out there. All that has been fixed but still getting air out of the jets.

Everything I have read indicates that a suction side air leak would show bubbles in the pump basket...which I no longer have. Does this mean I have an air leak on the non-suction side?

Jay
    In Ground Pool / Cement / DE Filter (Heyward) / Clearwater, FL / Not sure about the rest

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbles through jets - no bubbles in filter

You can't have an air leak on the pressure side.

Do you have an SWCG?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

No, I don't have a SWCG.
    In Ground Pool / Cement / DE Filter (Heyward) / Clearwater, FL / Not sure about the rest

4. Back To Top    #4

Actually, I might have a SWCG that isn't being used. The pump set up is quite old....at least 15 years, I would say. There is a clear bowl of sorts and it looks like there is some metal in there. This all hooks up to something electronic attached to the wall with a meter on it.

There is a valve I used to bypass that whole set up and water isn't going through the clear bowl. I've had it set up that way since I bought the house a year ago. The bubbles are a recent thing.