Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Cover for L-Shaped Pool questions...

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Cover for L-Shaped Pool questions...

We have an L shaped pool. Currently we use a heat pump but do not have a solar cover. Can I even get a solar cover with a reel system for an L shaped pool? We use it so much, well the kids, I don't want to have to do it by hand every morning. I also don't want something that is tacky, is there such a thing?
    ~39,000 gallon True L, 43x28x18, Steel Wall, Vinyl Liner; 2 skimmers, 2 bottom drains, 3 returns, 1 dedicated cleaner line with Polaris booster pump; Polaris 280
    Hayward Pro Series 300 pound Sand Filter, Hayward Heat Pump 116K BTU
    2 Hayward Colorlogic LED Lights; Diving Board, X-Stream Slide, 3 Polaris Mini Jets; Step and Leisure Bench in deep end (SwimOut)
    Aqua Rite SWCG with Aqua Plus Automation and Controls (Goldline); Aqua Pod Remote for Controls and Aqua Logic Base Station

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana
    You have a few options.

You can tape two covers together, then fold the cover over itself to reel. I believe member AnnaK has a trick with tennis balls that allows a cover to be manipulated fairly easily while on the pool.

You can just cover the main part of the pool with a normal cover. This works because the effect of the cover is to reduce evaporation. If you cover 2/3 of the pool, you'll get 2/3 the benefit of covering it all.

You can get two reels and use two covers.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat