Nitelighter came today

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
My NL100 Nitelighter came in. I will be installing it this afternoon and will get some pics including some at night since finding pics of these things is near impossible.

I put it together and soaked it in a sink full of water and was pleasantly surprised there were no leaks. You must be careful with how tight you tighten the lens cover. I just hope it lights up the whole pool or atleast a good portion of it. I am mounting it upstream of the skimmer/bug catcher.

Got it installed. Stupid easy install. The part that laps over the pool edge is about a half inch thick and the space between the resin top rail and the pool edge was zero. The resin top formed nicely around it with no need to trim. You can barely tell its bowing at all. Should be dark in about an hour and I will get a night time pic. I had one of the older style back on 2003-2004 and I remember it not attaching very securely but that is not the case with this one. It attaches and is very secure.

pool61.jpg

Ok, got pics. Not easy. I have no lights outside without the pool so it was pitch black out. In my 18x34 it did well. Its not blazing light but it lights up even the 7 ft deep end and all the way around the pool. I find it preferable to a super bright light because it draws minimal bugs which the skimmer picked up for me. There are no dark spots. I am happy with the purchase.

pool62.jpg

pool63.jpg

pool64.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got two 100watt. Lights the pool up nicely. However, I have noticed the seal leaking on both. I cranked both tighter but the leak persisted. Blew the two light bulbs out. Not sure where to find replacements. Smartpool said Ebay and Amazon, part number NLK8, but searching both sites yields zero returns.

Anyone have problems with leaking yet?

Anyone know where to find bulbs?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.