Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nitelighter came today

1. Back To Top    #1

Nitelighter came today

My NL100 Nitelighter came in. I will be installing it this afternoon and will get some pics including some at night since finding pics of these things is near impossible.

I put it together and soaked it in a sink full of water and was pleasantly surprised there were no leaks. You must be careful with how tight you tighten the lens cover. I just hope it lights up the whole pool or atleast a good portion of it. I am mounting it upstream of the skimmer/bug catcher.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nitelighter came today

Got it installed. Stupid easy install. The part that laps over the pool edge is about a half inch thick and the space between the resin top rail and the pool edge was zero. The resin top formed nicely around it with no need to trim. You can barely tell its bowing at all. Should be dark in about an hour and I will get a night time pic. I had one of the older style back on 2003-2004 and I remember it not attaching very securely but that is not the case with this one. It attaches and is very secure.

Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking forward to the night shot.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

4. Back To Top    #4

Me too. I am going to get several and try to capture the light coverage.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a nightlighter and it does a pretty good job illuminating the whole pool. I had one for 4 years and it finally bit the dust, started leaking inside and ruined it. We got the one that changes colors this time.
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

6. Back To Top    #6

Ok, got pics. Not easy. I have no lights outside without the pool so it was pitch black out. In my 18x34 it did well. Its not blazing light but it lights up even the 7 ft deep end and all the way around the pool. I find it preferable to a super bright light because it draws minimal bugs which the skimmer picked up for me. There are no dark spots. I am happy with the purchase.

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks like good coverage to me.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh yeah, its more than adequate. I love it actually. Its exactly what I was hoping for. I put out some citronella tiki torches today to help with the bugs. Going to have a pool-barbecue-beer-party tonight so we shall see. :P

9. Back To Top    #9

As long as it's bright enough to see someone at the bottom of the deep end, it's bright enough!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Haha!! I thought the same thing.

11. Back To Top    #11

That looks like the perfect amount of light!! Thanks for the pics, now I know what to order next spring
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

12. Back To Top    #12

Get ready for a wait. I ordered mine here for $83 shipped. Best price on the internet. Took a month to get but the guy at h2o said its because smartpool is backlogged. I figure they were making changes.

13. Back To Top    #13

I got two 100watt. Lights the pool up nicely. However, I have noticed the seal leaking on both. I cranked both tighter but the leak persisted. Blew the two light bulbs out. Not sure where to find replacements. Smartpool said Ebay and Amazon, part number NLK8, but searching both sites yields zero returns.

Anyone have problems with leaking yet?

Anyone know where to find bulbs?
    Yardmore 18'x33'x54" Saltwater LX Oval Pool Semi Inground 18K Gal, Hayward XStream 150 Cartridge Filter System 1.5-HP Power-Flo Pump, Hayward Aqua Trol RJ Salt Chlorine Generator System, Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer & Return Fitting, SmartPool PT7i Inground Climbing Robotic Pool Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit XL Option, https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kk?usp=sharing