Final Drawing - Input Appreciated

jk7228

Jun 3, 2012
Austin, TX
I received the final drawing for our pool. The back portion of the pool will have an 18" raised wall with 2 water sheers. I'm a little concerned about the width of the pool. It is 15' 3" on one end, 14' 3" in the middle, and 19' 9" on the end with the tanning ledge. It is 34' 3" long. Do you think that will be too narrow in the middle? Should I take a foot or so off the length and widen the pool a little? I guess what I'm asking is for is experiences from those who have pools...would you prefer a shorter/wider pool or a longer/narrower pool.

Any input would be appreciated :)

It's your preference. Is someone going to be swimming laps? Then longer. Playing volleyball? Keep it shallow.

My only design advice, based on what I'm stuck with, is to have your skimmer be at the downwind side of the pool, even if it means the longest pipe run. My returns are not able to overcome even a light breeze - everything floats on by my skimmer, ends up at the downwind end, and sinks there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.