I'M BACK!!

susiturk53

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
Lufkin, Texas
Hi guys- this is Susi from East Texas again! Well as you might know we have had almost 7 straight days of rain. My pool looks awful. Just as a reminder it is an above the ground pool- 16 x 48. It is now looking yellow. I just tested it and this is what it showed:
Free Chlorine-0
Ph- 8.4 at least- it is bright pink.
TA- 240 or more
Cya- 30-50 range
So- what do I do first? Get the Ph level down or what? We are forecast rain through next week- don't know when the sun will come out again.
Thanks again for your help!
Susi

Yes, get you ph down now with Muriatic acid. Add the appropriate amount of acid to get to 7.2-7.4 then test agian in 1/2 hour and redose appropriately.

Is the pool cloudy?

If it is (and this is likely since your FC is at 0), then it is time to do the shocking process.

Let us know what questions you have.

So the yellow is a tinting but the water is still clear?

If yes, does your fill water have dissolved metals in it?

Has there been a lot of leaves in the pool lately?

Your clear but yellow water might be metals or it might be organic (like tannins from leaves).

O wow- I hadn't thought of that. We have just had a lot of rain- but I don't see too many leaves in there right now.
Just tested after my husband added the cyanuric acid.
Free Chlorine-0
ph-7.5-7.8
alkalinity- 180-240
CYA-0
So what do I need to do now? Add Chlorine?
Sure do appreciate the help!
Susi

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.