After switching from pucks to liquid, my pool has never...

Apr 10, 2012
looked this great :mrgreen:

Before, it was 3" trichlor in the chlorinator, set to 4 or so, and always fighting high CYA, cloudy water, shocking back algae blooms and brushing 2x weekly. After getting the TF100 kit, draining half the pool and some trial and error through the early summer, I think I've got it nailed. A 3-4 second daily pour of the 10% keeps my FC at 4 or so, and a few 3" pucks set at low keeps a low dose of CYA into the pool to make up for splashout and backwashing. pH and CH good and CYA at 40-50, no visible algae on walls or steps and just brush 1x weekly for maintenance. Great site and info here, just thought I'd share :cheers: :party:

Re: After switching from pucks to liquid, my pool has never.

texsn95 said:
looked this great :mrgreen:

Before, it was 3" trichlor in the chlorinator, set to 4 or so, and always fighting high CYA, cloudy water, shocking back algae blooms and brushing 2x weekly. After getting the TF100 kit, draining half the pool and some trial and error through the early summer, I think I've got it nailed. A 3-4 second daily pour of the 10% keeps my FC at 4 or so, and a few 3" pucks set at low keeps a low dose of CYA into the pool to make up for splashout and backwashing. pH and CH good and CYA at 40-50, no visible algae on walls or steps and just brush 1x weekly for maintenance. Great site and info here, just thought I'd share :cheers: :party:

Do keep track of how many pucks eventually dissolve, as each is adding 4-6 ppm of CYA. It sounds like you have a handle on it though.

My friends were in from the east coast last weekend and couldn't believe how "silky" and "nice" my water felt ;) (I am using borates as well.)
So yeah, great job BBB community ;) In my case, since I was new to the pool, I never had the "pleasure/horror" of doing it the puck-feeder way, thanks to the advice on this site.

Sounds like it is going well...remember those pucks add cya, and cya does not magically leave the pool, except when the drain/refill fairies come by. You cya level is likely going up, so your target FC level also will be going up. Since you are at about 50 ppm right now, stop using the pucks and use the liquid chlorine to keep your FC always above 4 ppm 24/7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.