Jul 13, 2012
Hello there,

I started with 1 stain and now there is 5 at the bottom of my vinyl pool. The colour is brownish/yelow almost looks like rust. I have actively been to 2 pool stores adding liquid chlorine, algae prevention .. the Metals are fine as they stated. The water is very clear now (I should say clearer) it was clear to begin with. I tried actively using the pool brush however without any luck to remove these stains. A couple days later the FC was a low so when I hit super chorlinate on the SWG . I measured by the nozzle and chroline was comming out just to prove that it's working. Last night I cleaned out the salt cell which had alot of calcium on it, so hopefully this helps, but,,,

Is there any ideas what I can use, or other options to try to remove those stains? I saw another posting online on another site advising to put pH Decreaser in a sock and putting that in the water to try brushing. Would this be a good idea? Are there any other recommendations?

Thank you for your time,

Welcome to TFP!

The firs thing to try is a Vitamin C tablet placed on one of the stains. If that removes the stain in that spot they are iron stains and can be removed completely with an AA treatment.

The dry acid in a sock approach is not a good idea for vinyl liner pools. Very low PH can damage the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.