TF100 new user - FC reading way different from Pool Store

Jul 9, 2012
TF100 new user - FC reads much lower than Pool Store

I am new to this site, great info. I have cloudy water. My test for FC using TF100 says about 1.5 and the pool store says 12. What am I doing wrong? I have used more DPD Power for test and got the same results. On the OTO test I can see it is over 5. Help plz.

Re: TF100 new user - FC reading way different from Pool Stor

What am I doing wrong?
Going to the pool Store!!

Always, Always trust your own testing. I assume you are doing the FAS/DPD test for chlorine. If your 10 ml pool sample turned pink/red when you added the powder, you have chlorine.

If it turned back to clear on the 4th drop of R-0871, then you have 2ppm FC....it's really that simple and points out the futility in trying to manage a pool properly with reliance on pool store tests.

Review the procedures of the test to insure you followed the directions and then start saving gas money (and more) by staying away from the pool store.

Trust your own measurements
For peace of mind tell us what steps you tookto get your results be fairly precise how much water how many scoops drops etc.

mrblaine:

Welcome to TFP :wave:

In all likelihood, you are not doing anything wrong. As you become more familiar with this forum, you will learn to trust your own test results over the pool store's. Pool Store test results are notably inaccurate.

Which test did you use to measure chlorine - was it the FAS-DPD test (the one that uses the powder) or was it the basic OTO test (the one in the small blue box )?

Welcome to TFP.

Most likely the pool store is testing TC. The OTO test is TC. What that means is that you have 1.5 ppm FC and 13.5 ppm CC.

You need to start the shock process and stay with it until you pass the OCLT and the water is clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.