Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak Fixed, what about the sink hole?

1. Back To Top    #1

Leak Fixed, what about the sink hole?

I have been using this site since we set up our pool but never joined because I was able to get all the answers I needed, but not this one...
    We had a lead along the bottom edge of our pool, I think that an animal burrowed in and chewed. I have the liner patched and I am going to go back over it with the boxer glue to reinforce.

The problem is that since it was near the edge, as the water poured out so did the sand from underneath. I am concerned that someone is going to step in this area and create a larger tear. Is there a good way to fix the sink hole? My husband suggested using a funnel system to put sand back in but I am concerned that it will not be as compact and not stable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    19K IG Steel Wall 16x32; Pentair CCP240 filter; Pentair Superflo 1hp 2spd; 2 Pentair IntelliBrite 5g Color LEDs; Pentair IC40; TF-100 Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leak Fixed, what about the sink hole?

Hubby has the right idea. Put some sand under there and use a round ended rod (I. e. wooden broom stick) to compact it. That way you don't damage the liner.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Leak Fixed, what about the sink hole?

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I want to get this fixed so it doesn't get worse.
    19K IG Steel Wall 16x32; Pentair CCP240 filter; Pentair Superflo 1hp 2spd; 2 Pentair IntelliBrite 5g Color LEDs; Pentair IC40; TF-100 Test kit