The Pool Blaster Catfish review??

Jun 12, 2010
Levelland Texas
I think I've seen somewhere on here about using this type of pool vacuum....The Pool Blaster Catfish.

***How many of you folks use this and can I get some feedback about it??****

I get really tired of vacuuming on waste and replenishing our water......vacuuming on filter just blows it back into the pool within a very few minutes.

Also, If I get some good feedback and someone has one they don't use and would like to part with.....I'd be willing to buy it from you. Or find out where they sell them for the least cost.

Any advice about this would be greatly appreciated!@!@!@

I am using the catfish's big brother for quick in-between jobs nd it's worked well o far (pool blaster max).

I use knee highs with the filter bag toleaningsleaning it and getting finer stuff.
If you buy it, do not overcharge it, and be sure to let the battery compartment dry out well, and store it indoors. This will preserve life of battery.

For me, it's worked out very well.

I bought the Pool Blaster Max a month ago----------and it's a keeper! Haven't drug out that 40 ft. vac hose since. Got mine off ebay from a vendor named vminnovations for like 134 bucks and free ship. I got the finer mesh bag and haven't even tried the normal one. Also came with a couple of even finer "liner" bags to use inside that one. I can run around the "race track" of dirt created by the filter circulation in 20 minutes. Haven't even thrown my Pool Rover Jr. in since.

LAweathered, one thing I should mention is that both woody and I are using the pool blaster max. I believe I read somewhere that the time between charges is quite extended -- I can get almost two full cleans out of a charge.
I think the Catfish has a much shorter battery life. You may wish to consider the blaster if you want enough "time" without recharge for a really thorough clean!

i bought the catfish ultra with the triangular head and i love it i can vac my 18 foot agp in about 20 minutes no more dragging out the hose losing prime on the pump, i bought mine at rural king for 99 dollars but i seen them today at menards for the same price. the only bad thing with it is the on /off rear cover is kind of hard to turn but other than that A++++++++++++++.......Mike

I also have a PoolBlaster Max HD. It is great for getting dead algae, dirt, pollen, bugs and small leaves. It will not do a great job for bigger leaves. I have not used the hose and vacuum that I run through the filter since getting the PoolBlaster. It makes a huge difference to be able to vacuum small particles to a dedicated bag instead of running them through the skimmers and filter.

I have not run the battery dead, but I get a solid hour or so without any issues. The one thing I read you have to be careful about is to not overcharge the battery.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.