Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: The Pool Blaster Catfish review??

The Pool Blaster Catfish review??

I think I've seen somewhere on here about using this type of pool vacuum....The Pool Blaster Catfish.

***How many of you folks use this and can I get some feedback about it??****

I get really tired of vacuuming on waste and replenishing our water......vacuuming on filter just blows it back into the pool within a very few minutes.

Also, If I get some good feedback and someone has one they don't use and would like to part with.....I'd be willing to buy it from you. Or find out where they sell them for the least cost.

Any advice about this would be greatly appreciated!@!@!@
    Levelland/Lubbbock Tx./24' round, 48" deep AGP/13,500 gal/Intex SWG/1 hp Hayward pump/Hayward pro series 20" sand filter... w/ new sand added about 2 years ago/New vinyl liner....=)

Re: The Pool Blaster Catfish review??

I am using the catfish's big brother for quick in-between jobs nd it's worked well o far (pool blaster max).

I use knee highs with the filter bag toleaningsleaning it and getting finer stuff.
    If you buy it, do not overcharge it, and be sure to let the battery compartment dry out well, and store it indoors. This will preserve life of battery.

For me, it's worked out very well.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme

I bought the Pool Blaster Max a month ago----------and it's a keeper! Haven't drug out that 40 ft. vac hose since. Got mine off ebay from a vendor named vminnovations for like 134 bucks and free ship. I got the finer mesh bag and haven't even tried the normal one. Also came with a couple of even finer "liner" bags to use inside that one. I can run around the "race track" of dirt created by the filter circulation in 20 minutes. Haven't even thrown my Pool Rover Jr. in since.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    1.5 hp Speck pump 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

LAweathered, one thing I should mention is that both woody and I are using the pool blaster max. I believe I read somewhere that the time between charges is quite extended -- I can get almost two full cleans out of a charge.
    I think the Catfish has a much shorter battery life. You may wish to consider the blaster if you want enough "time" without recharge for a really thorough clean!
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme

Thank you woodyp and Swampwoman!!! This will be my next investment for my AGP!!!
    Levelland/Lubbbock Tx./24' round, 48" deep AGP/13,500 gal/Intex SWG/1 hp Hayward pump/Hayward pro series 20" sand filter... w/ new sand added about 2 years ago/New vinyl liner....=)

i bought the catfish ultra with the triangular head and i love it i can vac my 18 foot agp in about 20 minutes no more dragging out the hose losing prime on the pump, i bought mine at rural king for 99 dollars but i seen them today at menards for the same price. the only bad thing with it is the on /off rear cover is kind of hard to turn but other than that A++++++++++++++.......Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

I use the pool blaster max for small stuff such as oak pollen and like it. It does not do well with leaves.
    Larry in Texas

Above ground 7,700 gallons, 19 inch sand filter ( 2 sq. ft.), with a WaterWay Hi-Flo Pump with an A.O. Smith 1 hp SF 1.0 motor.

I also have a PoolBlaster Max HD. It is great for getting dead algae, dirt, pollen, bugs and small leaves. It will not do a great job for bigger leaves. I have not used the hose and vacuum that I run through the filter since getting the PoolBlaster. It makes a huge difference to be able to vacuum small particles to a dedicated bag instead of running them through the skimmers and filter.

I have not run the battery dead, but I get a solid hour or so without any issues. The one thing I read you have to be careful about is to not overcharge the battery.
    33,000 gallon plaster pool
    Jandy L-Series -CL580 Cartridge Filter

^Yes, we too use a leaf rake/net to get big leaves...but the big ones clog the regular vacuum too, so I don't consider this a shortcoming

Thank you everyone for your advice on this....luckily we do not have a problem with leaves even though we have a huge tree in our backyard.....hopefully before the summer is over I can purchase one!! =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk