First off, what a wealth of knowledge on here. I'm just trying to absorb some of the info on here.
I just purchased a home with an inground pool. This house was a short sale, so the pool wasn't closed for at least 1 winter and this was the condition of the pool when we started:
Before we (my wife actually) found this site I did some foolish things, mainly dumping a ton of powdered shock and tablets in the pool.
Since then we have stuck to liquid bleach, and I ordered a test kit. This is what it looks like now:
Obviously we have a ways to go, but I just received the the test kit and the results:
CH:>500 (I may have screwed this up, I stopped adding the reagent)
CYA: 90 (I really screwed myself with all the powdered shock and Pucks)
Any help would be appreciated
The plan is to get to shock levels, but I don't know what order I should tackle the TA and pH.
Thanks in advance