Construction Has Started....Was: The Agony of the Wait

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
I talked to our pool builder today. Their construction guys have been running a bit behind due to numerous thunderstorms and the high heat in the Charlotte area over the past couple of weeks.

But...............they expect to start our excavation on July 26th. :party:

The pool and spa are scheduled to be delivered to our house on July 31. :goodjob:

The journey begins in 2 weeks....

Re: The Agony of the Wait

I'm getting most of our equipment (pump, filter, heat pump, Goldline Pro-Logic, etc.) through our pool builder. There are a couple of things that I am buying online since the pool builder told me he can't come close to the online price.

Yesterday I ordered our waterslide (SR Smith Typhoon) and a Polaris 9300xi from Poolsupplyworld.com. I've already received an e-mail with the tracking number for the Polaris.

And, of course, I ordered the TF-100 test kit so I'll be ready when the pool is installed. :party:

Construction is scheduled to begin in 9 days. :whoot:

Congrats!!!

Keep a close eye on the install ... lots of pictures.

Unfortunately, we have seen a few horror stories about fiberglass installs lately.

jblizzle said:
Congrats!!!

Keep a close eye on the install ... lots of pictures.

Unfortunately, we have seen a few horror stories about fiberglass installs lately.

Being retired, I can stay home every day while construction is underway and take lots of pictures.

I have read the posts about fiberglass install problems. I have taken notes and will be paying very close attention when the pool is being set in the ground. :hammer:

Waiting for the construction to start. So I have to savor the progress we are making...

The mailman delivered this today :whoot:
c36ac5fa.jpg

And, the Fedex guy delivered this today :party: (The Polaris not the cat :roll: )
ccea8d14.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

linen said:
And try the speedstir, that will entertain you and you cat for a few minutes :-D

By the way...I love your thread title :cheers:

Actually, we've got 4 cats. So, I may have a large audience with the speedstir.

As far as the thread title...it is exactly how I was feeling at the time I started it. We, like a large part of the country, have been having unusually hot weather. When working outside, it would have been great to take a quick break and hop in the pool. I've just had to sweat it out and then come inside and take a shower.

We continue to celebrate the pre-construction progress that we are making...

Tuesday, the SR Smith Typhoon waterslide arrived. The box was 7.5 feet tall. Good thing our detached garage has 8 foot garage doors. Here are the pieces waiting in the garage.

db4b9b16.jpg

On Wednesday we had our pre-construction meeting with the owner and the manager who will run our installation. Had a nice long meeting discussing many aspects of the project. Really liked the manager. He seems to take an approach to installing a pool that I really like. :goodjob:
The heat and thunderstorms have delayed other installations. So, we are now looking at excavation to begin next Weds. The pool and spa are to be delivered next Friday.

Yesterday the Aqua-Comb came in the mail. :whoot: Got to celebrate even the little things. :)

Construction has started...Was The Agony of the Wait

Construction started on our pool today! :party: :party: :party:

Here is the pool site yesterday:
cd7ce92b.jpg

The pool site is sloped. So, step one was to make a cut into the slope to get a flat area:
b10e1f23.jpg

Flat area cut and pool template spread out:
f359fd0a.jpg

Almost complete digging hole:
4a34b823.jpg

They will be back tomorrow to finish digging the hole.

The pool and spa will be delivered on Friday.

Richard320 said:
I sure hope you have city water, because from the looks of that red dirt, well water will be chock full of iron!

North and South Carolina.....home of red clay. It's everywhere.

We're on city water so I'm not concerned. Before we start filling, I'll test our tap water just to see if there is anything unusual in it that may need special treatment.

Construction continues....somewhat slowly. Due to torrential downpours, our pool crew has had to help at another pool installation where a mudslide had ruined the installation site and filled the pool with mud.

Digging the 125' electrical trench we need to get to the equipment pad:
c49653f6.jpg

Some equipment on the pad and some of the pipe connections completed:
b7b36b64.jpg

fce6fe2b.jpg

db4170b5.jpg

Today's work...electricians here
a5c88821.jpg

d6698b0f.jpg

209e71be.jpg

The project manager says we should start putting water in the pool later this week. :whoot: That assumes good weather and that the inspector gets here :hammer: to approve the electrical trench so they can fill it in.

After the pool is set, they have to build a retaining wall and then install the spillover spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.