Test results - No chlorine again after only 48 hours

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
It seems my pool is using 238oz. of bleach every 2 days. Is this alot? I tested day before yesterday and was at 0. I added 240oz and today it was back to 0. The water is crystal clear and looks fantastic. My pool is in 100% sunlight all day long. Temp is in the 90-100's here and water temp is a steady 90 degrees. Here is my latest test:

FC 0
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 110
CYA 40
Calcium 130

Since I have a AGP should I worry about the calcium test? I added bleach again and am running another FC test tonight to see if its getting to 5ppm as stated in pool calculator. I might have more gallons than pool calculator says I do.

Pool Calculator says that much 6% bleach will raise FC by 5 in a 23000 gallon pool. 5 ppm in 2 days sounds right. Maybe even a little low given the heat. You need to aim higher, so that even after you lose the daily amount you're still above minimum, which is 3 for your CYA level of 40.

Low Calcium is no concern to you, but high Calcium could be - scale will still form on a vinyl liner. You could probably get away with testing it monthly.

Pool calc should be giving you a range for fc 3-7
You should dose with chlorine daily up to the 7 ppm
And never let it go below 3 if below 3 for any significant time organics can get a small foothold and over time consume more chlorine then you are adding

Recap you should be targeting 7 fc not 5

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.