Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test results - No chlorine again after only 48 hours

1. Back To Top    #1

Test results - No chlorine again after only 48 hours

It seems my pool is using 238oz. of bleach every 2 days. Is this alot? I tested day before yesterday and was at 0. I added 240oz and today it was back to 0. The water is crystal clear and looks fantastic. My pool is in 100% sunlight all day long. Temp is in the 90-100's here and water temp is a steady 90 degrees. Here is my latest test:

FC 0
    CC 0
    PH 7.8
    TA 110
    CYA 40
    Calcium 130

Since I have a AGP should I worry about the calcium test? I added bleach again and am running another FC test tonight to see if its getting to 5ppm as stated in pool calculator. I might have more gallons than pool calculator says I do.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test results - No chlorine again after only 48 hours

New chlorine test results. This is after 182 oz of bleach (ran out. going to Sam's tomorrow) and 1 hour of circulation with the pump.

FC 5ppm
    CC .5
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool Calculator says that much 6% bleach will raise FC by 5 in a 23000 gallon pool. 5 ppm in 2 days sounds right. Maybe even a little low given the heat. You need to aim higher, so that even after you lose the daily amount you're still above minimum, which is 3 for your CYA level of 40.

Low Calcium is no concern to you, but high Calcium could be - scale will still form on a vinyl liner. You could probably get away with testing it monthly.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

ok. Cool. Just making sure.

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool calc should be giving you a range for fc 3-7
    You should dose with chlorine daily up to the 7 ppm
    And never let it go below 3 if below 3 for any significant time organics can get a small foothold and over time consume more chlorine then you are adding

Recap you should be targeting 7 fc not 5
    24' 52" Above Ground
    BBB
    LOVE TFP
    TF Test kits, Pool School, Pool Calculator