I have white water mold or that is what my pool store says. Based on all the posts that I have read I know it is not common in chlorine pools but I am starting to think that it is! I did two bags of shock right into the skimmer like they told me and yes it eat it for dinner. Another pool store told me to use a clarifier to pull it together but that didn't work. I have made it so fine that you can't really skim it and forget vaccuming it that is like impossible. Not to mention after a few hours I have to take the Hayward DE Filter apart to clean the finger that are covered in this stuff. It makes the pressure horrible in the pool so the filter is like it isn't running. Is there away to get rid of this and no that it is gone cause it is the 3rd week in July and I am exhausted already. I am a single mom that doesn't have the time or money for this but if you think there is hope I will stick with it!