Stonescapes color variation - will this go away??

mktee

Jun 17, 2012
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently had a full remodel done on my pool and went with Stonescapes mini pebble - Topics Blue.

The pool finished filling last Saturday and i've been brushing it twice a day since then. There is still alot of color variation especially on the deep end walls and floor. Tuesday, while I was at work the plaster company came out and dumped in a bunch of acid. The only reason I know this is because test results went from TA of 80 to 0 and pH of 7.0 to off the charts low. Confirmed with PB when I saw results that's what they probably did. Anyway I am not happy with the finished product.

See pictures below and ignore the green-ness. It looks perfectly blue in the daylight. My camera and the pool light just didn't agree, but the variation is very evident.

Overall the surface is smooth and it appears to be a decent job aside from the splotchiness and variation. Do i need to wait longer? Am I being impatient or unrealistic with my expectations?

Thanks for your advice.

Attachments

• DSC_0640.JPG
    DSC_0640.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC_0641.JPG
    DSC_0641.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 474
  • DSC_0642.JPG
    DSC_0642.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 471
Some variation in pebble finishes is normal. That said what I'm seeing in your pix seems excessive.

Did the installers acid wash after installation?

Oh yes, if there's no bypass on the heater, the acid they added is actively eating away your heater's heat exchanger :(

Thanks for the feedback Qwaxalot. The PB agrees the variation is excessive and has the plaster contractor working on it. He mentioned a no drain acid wash but they haven't done that yet. Whatever they did this morning while I was at work improved the appearance some.

I also shut off the pump to prevent heater damage.

Wanted to give an update to "close out" this issue for those who may be considering Stonescapes. The PB agreed the surface needed work and had the plasterer work on it over several days. They spot treated several areas and also kept the PH low. To my surprise what they did made the surface look fantastic. I don't have any pictures because it has been raining alot since then but take my word for it, I am now satisfied. Throughout the whole remodel I was always polite but firm and kept an open mind. We ended up with a beautiful pool. Thanks for the comments alone the way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.