Creative uses for bleach jugs

One of my friends posted a link on facebook to this:

535032_356651837737860_1877780638_n.jpg

You could also cut them off for planters. Or use them as floats for lane markers in your pool. If you know any elementary or preschool teachers, I'll bet they could find a use for arts&crafts.

I buy my 12.5% in returnables, so I don't have piles of empties to dispose of.

Can always tie a string, sinker, and hook to them......just need a box of worms and you can go catfishin' at the local lake!!

Hubby talks fondly of a "helmet" his Mom made for him out of a bleach bottle in the mid-60's. Apparently it made him the coolest kid in the neighborhood for a while.

Deb04 said:
Hubby talks fondly of a "helmet" his Mom made for him out of a bleach bottle in the mid-60's. Apparently it made him the coolest kid in the neighborhood for a while.

I have a Halloween picture of my brothers, also in the mid-60's with "helmets" on - painted silver. They were spacemen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Take one, cut out the bottom, cut off the neck and cut the side opposite the handle. Use as a shield when you are using your string trimmer around young trees to protect the bark.

That's one. Sorry, that's all I got.

I have used cut down jugs to change the oil on my scooter. I cut it low enough to get under the bike but leave a tall "flap" to protect the center stand from oil dribbles due to any breeze.

If you leave part of the handle, it is great a pour spout to put the dirty oil into the "new" oil bottles for recycling of the oil and the bottle.

Wash and dry the jug. Lay it on its side ( same position as when you are pouring the beach out.handle on to) Use felt in pink to cover the cap (a strip to cover the side and a disk of pink felt to cover the flat round part of the lid. add 2 black dots for nostrils, use black felt circles for eyes, glue them on either side of the handle. A pipe cleaner curled and poked thru at the bottom edge and 4 small wooden thread spools glued on the bottom for legs. Cut a slit in the back. Voila! A piggy bank!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.