Hello I am brand new here and this is my first post! Hi all.
I have a 22,000 gal inground pool from 1972 w original plaster ...not in the greatest shape but trying to do my best. I have had this property for 13 yrs and I know how to manage pool chemistry fairly well.
With that said, I have had nothing but problems this season with green algae. I can not keep a FC reading at all. If I shock, boom few days later no FC and green starts showing up in places. I made the mistake of floating wayyy too many pucks and using powder shock so I know I caused super high CYA. I have removed the floating pucks and I'm switching to liq chlorine.
I just backwashed my green green filter and started refilling. I just tested CYA and it is over 200. Does everyone here think I should drain this pool?? If I have to I'm ready to do so but wanted to ask your honest opinion.
Do you thinking the high CYA has locked my FC..I think this might bee my problem.