Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool water has gotten cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool water has gotten cloudy

My pool water started getting cloudy yesterday. Today it is even worse. My chlorine was a little low (I added bleach an hour ago), but that has never made it cloudy before. Does anyone have suggestions? I cleaned the cartridges a few weeks ago. I run the filter from 9a-7p.

I had to go to the store to get more re-agent and the guy at Dolphin told me to shock it.

FC = 3.5 (after adding bleach)
    CYA = 30
    pH = 7.6
    TA = 120
    Borates = 35

Thanks.
    Kathyo in Texas
    21k gallon IG gunite w/ spa & waterfall; Waterway filter 817-0106; Polaris 280 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool water has gotten cloudy

Almost always, cloudy water most ofter indicates you have algae...especially cloudy water soon after adding bleach.

You need to do the shocking process.

Do you have values for CC and CH?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Did those tests results come from the pool store or your own kit?
    If your own, which kit?
    If the pool store, order yourself one of the recommended test kits as you will need it for the shock process (at least the FAS-DPD test).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. I started the shock process as soon as I saw the responses. I have a Taylor K-2005 test kit and a FAS-DPT test. I also had the store test (since I was there to get some reagent).
    Kathyo in Texas
    21k gallon IG gunite w/ spa & waterfall; Waterway filter 817-0106; Polaris 280 cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Let us know how it goes, post numbers
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.