Pump Replacement

Plankton

Apr 13, 2008
Hi All,
Another question about pump replacement, I know, I know!! Sorry. I've done about as much research as I my head can take on the VS pumps, which is what I am going to replace my 12 year old pool pump with. It still runs, but two of my friend have replaced their pumps with VS and have advised me to do the same, I will save a lot of money. They already see it in their electric bill, so I will. I've narrowed it down to the Intelliflow, but what I want to know is, are there different models of pumps? I know there is the SVS model, but looking for the best price they seem to vary( for the 018), as low as $799 to as high as $1100. In my reading it seems that Pentair recently ( a year ago, maybe) came out with a newer pump with more features which is the 011018 but a lot of places also call this a VS 3050, so my question is how do I know what pump to get and if I am getting the newest model out there? Is the newer model 018, or did they just upgrade the pump & features and keep the model number the same? Basically for you who have ordered this pump, what do I order and what questions should I be asking? Spending $800 on a pump only to find I have last years model that someone wanted to get rid of and not tell me, is what worries me. Like always thanks in advance!

Not sure about the one you are looking at. I bought the intelliflo vf and have been nothing but thrilled with it. It has a lot of very useful features that I am very much enjoying. I am able to set the rpm's, the gpm (because it has a built in flow meter), program cycles, hook up to an automation system in the future... it tells me when the filter needs to be backwashed! It optimizes itself for desired turnovers to limit electric usage.

Let me know if you have any questions about the features.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.