My liner is on its 13th season and is ready for replacement. It is not leaking, but is VERY discolored and appears beginning to shrink up a bit and has popped the bead a bit more than previously. I just had to pay to have a bead put in the track because I gave up after several hours of effort with hot water, etc. I have the original dimensions and schematics from when the pool was built, and I was looking for advice on a replacement liner. The original liner was produced by Vyn-All.
Here are my questions:
- Can I do this myself or is it really not worth it?
- What gauge vinyl should I get for the floors/walls to ensure longevity?
- Should I ask for liner-lock around the entire perimeter?
- Would I be better off going with a solid color because all designs seem to fade anyway?
- Any recommended manufacturers? Manufacturers to avoid?
Pool is foam covered concrete walls, concrete steps, lazy-L shape with radius corners and some sort of sand/concrete mix troweled all over the rest of the floor.
Any input is MUCH appreciated. Thanks!