Suggestions on a robotic cleaner for my pool

May 17, 2012
Dunn, NC
I am intersted in purchasing a robotic cleaner for our Splash Superpool and was considering a Pool Rover Jr.. The reviews for these seem to be great! My concern is if the cleaner will get hung up when it gets to the sides of the pool since on Splash pools the walls curve downward at the bottom and form the floor. Will it change direction like it should? Anyone know if this will be a problem or does anyone with a similar pool floor have a robot that you're happy with? I did see where someone here has the Dolphin Supreme M4 for their Splash Pool and loves it, but unfortunately that costs more than what I can invest right now.

Hi Everyone.
I just joined this site, read a little and it looks great. I'm new to the whole pool thing - we got into this house 2 years ago and the pool was there already. I saw a ton of posts on this 9300 and it looks great. My pool is a bit smaller, a 5,800 above ground oval shaped pool with a liner in it and with a deck built around it. The pool has a Hayward cartridge filter system and I just buy a new cartridge each year. Cartridge seems to work well. But the floor is a problem. When we first moved in I let the pool store sell me this gigantic hose vacuum thing to attach to the filter to suction everything off the floor (the salesman was probably delighted to see a newbie like me). Well, this contraption just swishes everything around so i have had it spending hours trying to clean it and getting zero results! :grrrr: I'm wondering for a pool my size 5,800 gallons, oval shaped, above ground with a liner in it and a cartridge filter system, I am thinking is a robot cleaner the best way to go? If so, what kind of robot shoud I buy for my type of pool? Thanks again, John (frustrated and seeking HELP!!)

JohnWinchester

Welcome to the forum! I also bought a house with a pool a few years ago and absolutlely no clue. I wasted a lot of money and got *&%% frustratrated before joining here.

Chances are you don't have enough suction to properly power the cleaner you have now. It certainly should be actually cleaning the debris off the bottom! Two great things about the robotics - they run off electricity so their ability to clean isn't tied to the amount of pressure you have AND they don't suck all the debris into your filter so it works better, longer without cleaning. I had an inherited Hayward pressure cleaner. It worked okay but just adequate and I had to run it constantly. When it started falling apart I switched to a robotic. Completely different experience. It cleans so mush better and it's very nice that you drop it in the pool for a couple hours a week and then it's put away.

Robotics cost more - that's the down side. I would say you either have to try to increase your water pressure or make the switch.

Thanks Mtheaded. Can you suggest one for a pool my size? Its only 5,800 gallons, oval shaped above ground and about 3 feet deep. Its got a vinyl lining and Hayward cartridge filter. It does a good job skimming the upper part but the problem is at the bottom.

JW,

There are a LOT of posts on this subject! Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to the Google Search (much better!) and search on something like 'robot cleaner AG pool'. Since my pool is in-ground I can't really commnet on your situation except to say that the good news is that they make robotic cleaners for smaller pools that cost less than the IG models which tend to run $900-1400!

Read enough posts and you'll get enough info (too much!) to make a decision.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.