Intex Easy Set inlet/outlet question

Jul 11, 2012
Long Island, NY
I just setup an 18' x 48" Intex Easy Set pool. After filling the pool, connecting the pump and dumping in the salt I realized I screwed something up. I installed the Threaded Strainer Connector and on the Pool Inlet and the Adjustable Pool Inlet nozzle on the Pool Outlet. Is it possible to move this without having to drain the pool?

Looking through the manual it appears that the Inlet Nozzle is a cover that just screws over the Threaded Strainer Connector... but I am not 100% certain. can someone who has an Intex Easy Set confirm this for me? If that's all it is then I will just swap the piece and be relieved that I made a minor error.

Thanks!

Just found this site tonight and so far I have learned quite a few things. Plan on doing lots more reading here.

Larry

Easy Set pools have two holes on the side, either one of them can be the inlet or outlet, although Intex designates a specific name and supposed function to differentiate them.

Also, water can return to the pool from above, so only one of the holes is used, the other hole is kept plugged with the black plugs included with the pool. In such case, one of the holes might be more suitable than the other, because of preferred pump placement, or whatever other reason. Returning water to the pool from above might be selected for the benefit of having the sound of running water, for aiding cooling of the water etc, however a fixing point for the return pipe is required (nearby wall, tree branch, or something like that).

As for the parts that go in the holes to the inside of the pool, these consist of a "base" blue plastic part that goes in the hole, over that part another "screw - on" blue or gray part (strainer or return port) is screwed, the thread is the same on all parts so "screw - on" parts are interchangeable even after pool is full of water and "base" parts are inserted in the holes. Also, the whole screwed sets ("base" part + "screw - on" part) can be removed from the holes and interchanged when the pool is full of water, no water will run out since it will be contained in the tubes and filter circuit that is connected on the outside of these holes.

Can post some pics if this is not clear enough.

EDIT: got the colors mixed initially because I did not use these parts at all, got them corrected now, here are some pics anyway:

DSC00123_800.jpg

DSC00129_800.jpg

DSC00133_800.jpg

DSC00124_800.jpg

DSC00125_800.jpg

DSC00126_800.jpg

My setup is a bit different, there is a thread in here about an Easy Set pool leveled using magazines, take a look.

new-pool-easy-set-8-leveled-by-magazines-t49620.html

I only use one of the holes, the other one is plugged, but on the one I do use, I had to insert a short piece of rigid pipe inside the black hose piece that extends from the pool hole, facing outside, in order to get the filter hose to seal against that black soft hose piece, using the available hose clamps that came with the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.