Can i lower PH to remove stains and then add pink stuff to i

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
Can i lower PH to remove stains and then add pink stuff to it

I already did a AA treatment 3 weeks ago, the stains came back a week ago, I used metal free, was told by some of you guys thats not the good stuff and use the pink stuff by jacks magic.

can i just lower my PH to 6.8 using muratic acid to get the stains to lift then add the pink stuff to the pool?

I would leave the pool filter off since i have a heater, but i do have a cleaning robot that circulates the water pretty good.

opinions and advice? thanks

Re: Can i lower PH to remove stains and then add pink stuff

Looks like i'm lucky, had PH at about 6.6-6.8 and the stains have reduced to not visible by my wife, but i can still barely see them, but more than happy if it stays that way thru the year till i close the pool. then i can do a AA at closing and drain 1/3 of the water.

dumped 2 bottles of pink stuff, (20,000) gallons, i have 15,000

right now slowly raising the TA/PH back into range.

hopefully the stains don't come back.

ofcourse the pool filter isn't running, have the robot circulating the water nicely.

Re: Can i lower PH to remove stains and then add pink stuff

Be certain to maintain the pink stuff weekly because that phosphonic acid will break down continually and then the stains (if iron anyway) will come right back as the ph rises.
Also note that in my experience when the pink stuff is active, it will help hold the ph down (eg. not as fast a rise) but will also use a little more chlorine than usual for a few days, so don't be surprised, for example, if you are suddenly using 3 ppm of Chl a day instead of 2 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.