Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt Water Chlorine Generator

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt Water Chlorine Generator

Like several others here I have a problem with my Aqua Rite electronic chlorine generator. It is not generating chlorine and the display is off.
    I have checked the power to the unit and it is 120V on each leg. The salt level is adequate. I have visually inspected the board and do not see any obvious burns or cracks in any component. The unit is a standard chlorine generator model, about 4 years old based on the previous owner. Dates on components are 2008 and 2009. Several on the board have said to check the fuse...Well I cannot find a fuse anywhere.
    I would like to replace components rather than be forced to buy a new board...
    Any suggestions??? Thanks John

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Salt Water Chlorine Generator

If it's wired for 220, you need to first check for 220 volts between the two legs, not 120 at each leg. Assuming you have 220, there is either a glass fuse located at the bottom of the box (on earlier models), or an automotive type fuse (yellow), accessed by removing the front panel of the box.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the response.
    I have removed the cover and cannot locate a fuse.. When it stops raining (wonderful rain), I will check it again and take a picture of the board for you to look at.
    I'll also check the voltage between the 2 legs.

4. Back To Top    #4

Voltage across both legs is 240V. Still cannot find a fuse... looking for either a glass tube type fuse or an automotive style yellow fuse.. No signs of burns or cracks on any of the components.
    What else do I need to check???

5. Back To Top    #5
    Darlington, SC

here is a link to site that might help--has some pretty good pictures included on it .. ... lightning/
    24' x52" Sharkline Venture (May 2016) ABG (13,500)
    Hayward S180T15932S --Sand filter/ Flo-Matrix pump pack
    Aquatrol-RJ SWG-- Nitelighter NLMC
    Pool Rover -- Poolskim --
    Duraspa G2- Premium hot tub --Rotomold style