Grounding our pool

I assume you mean bonding instead of grounding. Matters not. It should be fine to remove an upright, but you could actually use a self drilling screw to attach a bonding lug to the bottom of the uprights without removing anything. Post a pic of the uprights and we can make sure it's safe to do.

Matrix uprights are resin so you don't want to tap the bonding lug into those.

You can pull off the upright cap at the wall seam and you should be able to get a bonding lug onto one of the upper wall seam bolts (undo nut, apply lug, re-apply nut). Personally, I'd be worried that you wouldn't be able to get the upright seated properly again if you took the whole thing off.

cramar said:
Matrix uprights are resin so you don't want to tap the bonding lug into those.

You can pull off the upright cap at the wall seam and you should be able to get a bonding lug onto one of the upper wall seam bolts (undo nut, apply lug, re-apply nut). Personally, I'd be worried that you wouldn't be able to get the upright seated properly again if you took the whole thing off.

There was another Matrix user that did exactly what you described, couldn't find it again. I agree with cramar though, try to get at the top bolts under the cap.

Sorry I forgot that the Matrix uprights were resin. :oops:

My pool is bonded to the wall seam bolt. It's pretty easy to do once you get the cap off and see how everything is put together. We weren't required to bond it in four places since it's a solid metal piece.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.