Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump attached to the side of the pool went bad

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump attached to the side of the pool went bad

I have a summer escapes pool 15 x 42 our pump attached to the side of the pool went bad. My neighbor has provided me with a sand filter and a 1 hp pump...we know the logistics of it but having issues with finding the right size hose attatchments as they had used pvc piping. How can I hook this up? And is a 1 hp to much for the pool? Is it going to create any problems? I only have one hose which goes from the pump on the side of the pool to the part that is attached to pool to circulate the water. Anyone help please????

2. Back To Top    #2
    Portland, Oregon

Re: Pump attached to the side of the pool went bad

You're going to have to modify the hoses to attach/splice to the pvc. The easiest way would be to hard pipe to the pool itself and forget the hoses. There is a thread from a couple years ago showing how this was done on one Intex pool, but with Intex equipment. I'll see if I can find it.

This one will do, although the op's photos aren't showing up, the domain/server they're stored at seems to be gone now. Supertune's images are showing though, towards the bottom of the first page. custom-pvc-pipe-adapter-for-intex-pools-t28971.html

Someone else will have to help with the actual pump size question.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Pump attached to the side of the pool went bad

That size won't be a problem. The pieces of pipe should unscrew for the valve if it's a multiport valve and you can buy adapters for the hose.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit