Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New House/Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New House/Pool

Been living in paradise for about a month now. Never thought I'd buy a house with a pool, the pool was a "perk"... now I wish I had a pool many years back when the kids were small... oh well, now the grand-kids enjoy, and certainly grandpa and grandma love it! And even the critters:

And my Kreepy Krauly:
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48” PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New House/Pool

Nice pool and a really nice view. I too wish I would have bought a house with a pool years ago. We have had our new house a year and half now and we are outside in the pool nightly. Fortunately my kids are still young and will have several years before they start going to college.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking good!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

tcat - just curious; what are you using for the "cover" over you pool? I have horrible heat and sun bearing down on the back of my house and pool. My umbrellas just aren't enough. I would be interested in doing that same thing if you can give me some info on it.
    18,000 gal, 18x32 IGP, vinyl liner, 3 to 5.5ft depth. One inlet/skimmer (Aqua Genie), one main drain. Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter w/filtration rate of 20 GPM/FT, Two-Speed Pentair Whisperflo 1 HP pump, Natural Gas Hayward H200 pool heater, Aquabot T2 (200 Series) Robotic Pool Cleaner (my best friend), Automatic Electric Pool Cover (2nd best friend).

5. Back To Top    #5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S9 ... 00_s00_i00

This brand seems well made. Water "flows" through it so it doesn't get weighted down much. You need real strong mounting points. I have 2 on the house, one to a large oak, and one to a metal extrusion that wasn't strong enough (it bent during a high wind), will be strengthening it soon. THis with my large oaks keeps pool shaded 80% of the day... water has not gone above 84 yet (Austin, TX!), hasn't been below 80.

Quote Originally Posted by h2ctpdjl
    tcat - just curious; what are you using for the "cover" over you pool? I have horrible heat and sun bearing down on the back of my house and pool. My umbrellas just aren't enough. I would be interested in doing that same thing if you can give me some info on it.
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh wow - your pool is beautiful! It's so great to hear of someone buying a home with a pool and loving it - around here, pools are disappearing at an alarming rate. Thank you for posting your photos!
    Best,
    Jan
    Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, 12.5% Liquid Pool Shock for sanitizing, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 8 ml blue solar cover, TF-100 test kit, had pink algae in 2010 Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here's the view looking from the pool: (Paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by Flippy
    Nice pool and a really nice view.
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

8. Back To Top    #8

That is a really nice view. I love Texas Hill Country.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.