I have read the pool school several time and refer back to it often, thanks!!! I would like some advice or confirmation that I am on the right track.
I shocked our new pool until I maintained less than 1 ppm loss of chlorine over night. However, by the end of the day, the chlorine is .5 - 0. The pool is in direct sunlight all day.
Based on everything I read, I tested the CYA level it was .5. Ok, now I know why I am losing chloring during the day. Using the calculator I added 83 oz of stabilizer in a sock yesterday, it has not completely dissolved.
My water is crystal clear with no evidence of algae, I have been adding 186 oz of bleach per night while I wait for the cya to rise. Should I keep the chlorine at shock level until I have the proper cya reading or is what I am doing ok?
Thanks!!! You have taught me so much about pool maintainenace!