hazy green water

Jun 5, 2007
Massachusetts
ok, I've been doing BBB for a few years now, thanks to the help of this board. I though I had a good handle on it but I am stumped! my pool has been a hazy green for a few days now. at first I thought algae <uggh> and shocked it into submission. when the levels were high enough and there was still a hint of green I put together 2+2 with my friends little ones having an "accident" in the pool maybe?!? so shocked it some more and it mostly cleared up...this is day four at shock levels...slowly letting the tc level drop because it should be good by now--but I come home from work tonight and bam..its hazy greenish sorta again. not full blown green, just sorta drifting in that color direction. other things are out of whack now too--ph is high, ta is high..they were great and in range 3-4 days ago. what's going on? can this really be from someone POSSIBLY peeing in the pool (I don't even know if it actually happen, but I don't usually have little little kids in it and recently did--so it's possible)

help please

Review the article on how to perform the shock process in Pool School. You need to hold it at shock level until you pass the 3 tests to stop ... not just because your gut tells you it should be good.

Post up a full set of tests ... specifically the CYA level.

Also remember the pH test is inaccurate when the FC is > 10ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.