Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leveling an Oval Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Leveling an Oval Pool

Okay this probably a pretty stupid question but here goes.

I understand how to level a round pool by the 2 x 6 half the width of the pool and taping a level on top with duck tape.

But how would you do if for a oval pool and to make sure it was all level?
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Leveling an Oval Pool

I would probably use a surveyor's transit.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I did 3 circles, inline of course. Then I used a transit for final grading. Also a properly chosen 2x4 will do the trick as well as a 2x6.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hillsborough, NC

I used my laser level I got a Lowes. A surveyor's transit would have been easier except I don't know how to use one, and renting one costs 4x as much as buying the laser level, which I now own for other projects like the ceiling I am doing later this summer.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer