Where and how to add for example dry acid

Jul 10, 2012
Hi there,

I'm a newbie on this pool staff. I recently bought a house with a 12' rounded pool x 4' high, I found this topic about how to lower de TA, PH, quite simple steps to follow, but is not clear for me where and how to add for example dry acid, which is the one that I bought (is kind of granulated), I've seen people arguing that it must be broadcast it, others say to poor it into the skimmer and others say to first dissolve it in a bucket with water. I hope anyone could give me the safety path to follow.

Thanks,

Walfred.

Hi Jason!

I really appreciated!, definitely there are many things that I need to learn. One last thing about this topic, accordingly to the Recommended pool Chemical section, we have to leave the pump running at least 30 minutes, that could be interpreted like we should add the chemicals before we shut down the pool until the next day?, Sorry if I'm not clear, I did my best trying to study before asking the questions but there are tons of things and my brain is kind of over loaded!

Thanks again!

Walfred.

walfred said:
Hi Jason!

I really appreciated!, definitely there are many things that I need to learn. One last thing about this topic, accordingly to the Recommended pool Chemical section, we have to leave the pump running at least 30 minutes, that could be interpreted like we should add the chemicals before we shut down the pool until the next day?, Sorry if I'm not clear, I did my best trying to study before asking the questions but there are tons of things and my brain is kind of over loaded!

Thanks again!

Walfred.
Yes. whatever you add, you want it to mix well. So be sure the pump runs a while after you add it.

Thanks Richard!, and last question for today, could you please guide me to a link where I can see a chart or something showing when in the day we have to add other chemicals?, I'm asking this because few minutes ago I read in another website that we should be adding acid early in the morning and chlorination should be tackled in the evening, and how long should I wait to let my kids dive in it?

walfred said:
Thanks Richard!, and last question for today, could you please guide me to a link where I can see a chart or something showing when in the day we have to add other chemicals?, I'm asking this because few minutes ago I read in another website that we should be adding acid early in the morning and chlorination should be tackled in the evening, and how long should I wait to let my kids dive in it?
When is when you have time. Just wait 30 minutes between additions. Unless you're treating a problem, kids can go in after 30 minutes of mixing - or less if you brush it around a little. They'll mix it better than the pump anyway.

You won't lose any of your just-added chlorine to sunlight if you add it at night, but you should be adding enough to stay above minimum until you add again, so it's a moot point.

Don't overcomplicate things! There is a sequence if you have a problem; bleach works best at normal pH levels, so if you have extremely high pH, adjust that first. Likewise if you need to perform the shock process to clear a green pool, your pH test will be inaccurate if FC is way high, so you need to do it first again. But if your pool is balanced and you're just adding normal amounts of stuff, do it any time of day you like.

Amazing, if people like you are available to give us the proper answer all the time I will get the hang of this very quickly!

Thanks a lot Richard, for sure more questions will pop up so I will be over here sooner than later!

Walfred.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.