Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pea stones around the pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Pea stones around the pool.

I put pea stones around the pool. They look great and there is no mud. I can take the pool toys out and put them on the ground and they do not get dirty at all. I have them right up against the pool and they do not seem to get under the pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pea stones around the pool.

I have serpentine rock next to my steel walled pool in the garden areas. The backside has mulch. The balance has decking, mostly low.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

What is serpentine rock? I have never heard of that.

4. Back To Top    #4

Pea stones around the pool.

It is a green colored rock that is is commoN and inexpensive here is northern California. It also happens to the state rock of California. It is commonly a angular rock that settles and doesn't moe around like pea gravel. I have pea gravel in my side yard and the stuff does not pack down is is forever moving. I have used it in borders near grass with a bender board and the rock was frequently in the lawn.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

When I was a kid, my best friend's family had a doughboy pool. Half the backyard was fenced off and everything that wasn't pool had pea gravel. Their elderly, half-blind cat discovered that pea gravel was easier to dig than the clay soil we had. I don't know if the hole caved in before the cat had a chance or if the cat had lousy aim, but there were always little presents surrounding the pool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!