Pea stones around the pool.

Jun 14, 2012
MA
I put pea stones around the pool. They look great and there is no mud. I can take the pool toys out and put them on the ground and they do not get dirty at all. I have them right up against the pool and they do not seem to get under the pool.

It is a green colored rock that is is commoN and inexpensive here is northern California. It also happens to the state rock of California. It is commonly a angular rock that settles and doesn't moe around like pea gravel. I have pea gravel in my side yard and the stuff does not pack down is is forever moving. I have used it in borders near grass with a bender board and the rock was frequently in the lawn.

When I was a kid, my best friend's family had a doughboy pool. Half the backyard was fenced off and everything that wasn't pool had pea gravel. Their elderly, half-blind cat discovered that pea gravel was easier to dig than the clay soil we had. I don't know if the hole caved in before the cat had a chance or if the cat had lousy aim, but there were always little presents surrounding the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.