Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Introducing the pHupinater!

1. Back To Top    #1

Introducing the pHupinater!

More spray then a speeding bullet! More powerful then a firehose! The pH-up-inater is the latest in pH up (TA not up) technology! Ok... so I just built it with a few parts, but I thought of a cool idea to attach a 3/4" pipe to it, and slide it into a slot under the diving board so it is neat and tidy. The kids can even use the board still.

To turn it on, I disconnect a union to one of my returns, and attach this. Simple and easy. Thanks everyone for all your ideas found here that inspired mine. I can improve on this, but this is my prototype.

While I am posting photos, I added these little adapters to my filter so that I could see air inside and also convert the threads on the filter to a union for easy hookup. God bless clear PVC... at $6/foot it better be good (only bought 2' ...

Thanks all. Keep sharing your ideas...
    Josh S
    ----------------------------
    20.8k gal vinyl kidney; 600sqft surf area, Hayward 1HP Super; 300Lb Sand Filter; Aqua-Rite/T-9; RainbowRay LEDs, Jandy Deck Jets; and a whole 'lotta sweat n time...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Introducing the pHupinater!

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

If it was on Facebook, I would "like" the pHupinator

(Actually, I like it anyway)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome, I love it
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

5. Back To Top    #5

My question is, does the phupinator effectiveness improve or decrease with a lot of diving action?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

The pHupinator is pHrackin cool!

7. Back To Top    #7

wouldn't that be "pHrototype"?
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks guys! (and no, the "pHrototype" is the aerator that the ring bearer in LOTR made...)
    Josh S
    20.8k gal vinyl kidney; 600sqft surf area, Hayward 1HP Super; 300Lb Sand Filter; Aqua-Rite/T-9; RainbowRay LEDs, Jandy Deck Jets; and a whole 'lotta sweat n time...

9. Back To Top    #9

Cool! And if you happen to have any Olympic class divers using your pool, they will appreciate being able to see the surface of the water when diving.

10. Back To Top    #10

You guys are pHunny!

11. Back To Top    #11

Have others found that the water level drops faster and requires top up when aerating? It makes sense to me that it would - I mean, you are spraying water around - evaporation will happen.

I think I need to top up about 1.5", but it has been about a week since I put the hose in. Does that seem out of wack?
    Josh S

12. Back To Top    #12

Clevah, very clevah!
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.