CYA 80

This morning test
FC 17
CC 1/2
water still slightly cloudy also

Feels like I need to continue to shock until I pass the OCLT
also still would like to slowly work down the CYA

Thoughts?

Yes, you do need to continue to shock until your overnight loss is no more than one. I suggest bringing to level higher than 22, say maybe 25 because if you start at 22 as soon as you lose any chlorine you are no longer at shock level.

If you can bring down your CYA with a partial drain and refill quickly, it would be easier and cheaper to get to shock levels.

Refer to the FC/CYA chart in Pool School and you will find the target for CYA is FC = 31ppm. To perform the shock process effectively, you must replenish your FC back to that target of 31ppm continually or you will just drag out the process.

Lower your CYA by drain refill down to around 50ppm and your shock target now becomes 20ppm.

Thanks. Using the CYA chart just ran out of bleach last night. Bought more this AM at Sam's

Thought we had it licked but got a little lazy
Will crank up the shock again tonight and see if we can whip

This site is awesome. Will not go into detail as my experience is like many others.
but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.