Skimmer PVC

Can you unscrew the slip fitting from the base of the skimmer leaving yourself with a 1 1/2 thread to slip coupling? See note in lower right of image.

skim-1094-95.gif

Option 1. Use a threaded coupling (nipple?) from the skimmer to a threaded ball valve and then the 1.5 threaded-x-1.5 hose barb you took out of the skimmer in the threaded valve body

Option 2. 1.5 thread-x-1.5 slip, glue in a short 1.5 Sch40 pipe and then the ball valve (slip-x-slip) to Sch40 to a coupling (slip-x-female thread) and then the hose barb.

There is also a 1.5 inch thread by thread ball vale at HomeDepots site.

My Local Pool Store, that is an above ground dealer has some of these in stock. It may be a good idea to try HD Supply or some of the other more commercially focused stores for these larger sizes. It will all depend on you local market.

Not sure if I understand correctly, but I believe that you are looking for something like this? If so its a Hayward SP729. I'm pretty sure that I got one at Leslie's, but I'm sure you could find a source online that might be cheaper.

Hope it helps.
Thanks
Tommy

Attachments

• large_149505.jpg
    large_149505.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 102
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.