How to set up for vacation?

Sep 21, 2011
We're headed off, soon, for an 8 day vacation. We don't have a functional timer at this point, so they'll be no circulation he entire time.

What's the best way to set things up before I leave? I'm thinking I should add enough to bring the pool to shock level the night before we leave and leave the pump on all night to circulate it. I'm figuring that will have worked itself through by the time we get back.

Does that make sense? Is there a better/different way to do it?

Thanks for any wisdom you can share!

There have been a lot of this same question lately ... try the search.

With no circulation and no way to add chlorine, you will likely be going through the shock process when you get home.

If you can cover the pool it may help retain some of the FC longer.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Do you have a neighbor or friend who can come over to at least put chlorine in the pool? If you leave the pump running, they can just dump the chlorine. Last year before the SWG, I left the pump on and had the person taking care of the dogs dump chlorine in once a day. I left them a lot of bleach and a dosing cup that I marked the fill line on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.