If you add too much chlorine, will you burn out your heating element? I bought a hot tub a year back and test it with a 7 test, test strip. I have an chlorine generator that works with salt. I am very careful to make sure the chlorine levels (FC also) are always within range. Once in a while after I flush out the old water and replace, the chlorine levels might be high for a few hours until I aerate the tub. About a week ago the tub electric would not go on. It was tripping the breaker. The guy that sold me the tub claims I burnt out the heater (although he never showed it to me) and told me that the manufacturer may not honor the warranty. He said they replaced it but now I'm getting sensor errors.
Long story but could you burn out the heating element by over chlorinating and still use the tub without any side effects like rashes or burns?