I've been a loyal follower of the BBB method since I converted my pool to SWG last year. Since then, I have had very few problems and when they did pop up, I was able to squash them quickly. But, over the past 4-5 years (since moving in) I have had an on-again off-again fight with black algae. Normally, they are small spots and can be knocked out with shock and a brush, but this year, it has exploded. I shocked it about 2 weeks ago, and it knocked the algae back, but now it has come back with a vengeance.
Here's the data:
CYA 45 (I know it needs to be higher. We got so much rain!!!)
pH 8.0 (We were out for a week and it drifted up.)
Clear Water, no mustard algae ever!
I will post an OCLT in the morning, but I don't expect anything since my CC is 0.00000000.
1) If I shock again, how long should I maintain the shock level to kill this stuff?!?!
2) Which levels should I adjust before I start shocking?