Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Shopping for AG Round 24'

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Shopping for AG Round 24'

Pool noob here trying to decide what kind of pool to buy in the shark (pool salesman) infested waters. I think I have narrowed it down but am not sure about the brand. It is between a Doughboy Desert Spring or a Swim'n Play Mystic II.

I have heard of Doughboy but not Swim'n Play....are they reputable?
    Everybody out of the Pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Shopping for AG Round 24'

Try craigslist. I have ran into a few in my area that will give them to you if you will go take them down. If you have the means and the help you can save alot of money. Otherwise, go to a reputable pool company in your area. You have to make sure it is installed correctly or you will have a nightmare on your hands.
    Pool size- 24 ft Round. 13500 gal Above Ground. Filter- Sand 25 GPM, Pump- 1.5 HP/ 70 GPM.
    K2006 FAS-DPD Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by phatocaster
    Try craigslist. I have ran into a few in my area that will give them to you if you will go take them down. If you have the means and the help you can save alot of money. Otherwise, go to a reputable pool company in your area. You have to make sure it is installed correctly or you will have a nightmare on your hands.
    I spent the summer of 1974 installing swimming pools. I think I will let someone else have all the fun this time!
    Everybody out of the Pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dirtymartini
    Quote Originally Posted by phatocaster
    I spent the summer of 1974 installing swimming pools. I think I will let someone else have all the fun this time!
    Amen,to that one..Replaced my liner&did more harm than good.lol
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I know what you mean there. BTW....what is the normal life expectancy for a liner. Mine is 7 years old and still doing fine. JW...Thanks
    Pool size- 24 ft Round. 13500 gal Above Ground. Filter- Sand 25 GPM, Pump- 1.5 HP/ 70 GPM.
    K2006 FAS-DPD Test Kit.