K-2006 FC & CC - 0?

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
I tested my water again and it looks like everything has stabilized except Chlorine.

Results:

FC 0?
PH 7.4
TA 100
CYA 35
Calcium 130

I tested FC on the 10ml and it never turned pink no matter how many scoops of the powder in. Does that mean there is no chlorine at all? I cannot test for CC without it turning pink.

How often do you all test? My pool is in 100% direct sunlight all day long.

Chlorine is a consumable and will never be stable. You must constantly be adding it to your pool for proper sanitation. CC's test is the same....you can seldom get a reading if you have no chlorine.

Sounds like you need to get back up in Pool School and read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry".

My pool is in direct sun all day long as well. I have raised my CYA to 55 to help with the FC loss and I still go through a full bottle of bleach everyday. I was testing my pool everyday until I learned the behavior of my pool....now I test it about every 3 days.

My CYA is just getting dissolved and we had heavy swimming yesterday so I am expecting none but I am not sure if the FC test should be forced to turn pink with the powder in order to text for CC or is no reading ok. I am getting ready to dump 21oz of soda ash and 228oz of bleach.

You have ZERO chlorine if it doesn't turn pink. Add bleach according to poolcalculator to get it up to levels, do it now.

Essentially you have no sanitizer and are asking for trouble very quickly in my newbie opinion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool calculator is the main reason I added anything.
Glock brings up a very common issue here on the forum. It is VERY easy to assume the pool calculator will fix your pool. It won't.

Just like the calculator on your desk or in your phone, it is a tool to assist in doing the math but the thinking and understanding has to come from the operator. Glock, not singling you out but rather making an important point. Fixing and maintaining the pool comes from reading Pool School and understanding what the parameters are.

From Pool School...
pH indicates how acidic or basic the water is. pH should be tested daily at first. Once you gain experience with your pool, less frequent monitoring may be appropriate, depending on your pool's typical rate of pH change. pH levels between 7.5 and 7.8 are ideal, while levels between 7.2 and 7.8 are acceptable for swimming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.