Gold Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Conroe, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've researched a number of different pool builders in my area and after a few design adjustments, etc I'm close to going to contract with a build date at the end of August. I'd appreciate feedback. I've seen the threads on the merits (or rather lack thereof) of Ozone in residential outdoor uses. What is interesting to me is that I met with 5 different pool builders all highly rated and well established here in the area, and each of them was recommending going with the same sanitation combination (Del Ozone and inline chlorinating) and advising against SWG.

Perimeter = 90 feet - 34' x 15' general free form with 12'x5' sun ledge
Depth = 3.5 - 6.0
Spa = round 7' with 7 jets and cascading spill-way
Water feature = 25' Raised beam with dual 24" sheer descents
Coping = natural stone
Plaster = pebble sheen
Deck = concrete/pea gravel
Pump = Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050
Filter = Pentair 400sq ft cartridge (not sand or DE)
Heater = Pentair Mex-E-Therm 400k BTU
Spa Pump = 1.5hp Polaris Blower
Water Feature Pump = Pentair Max-E-flo
Sanitation = Pentair Rainbow 320 and Del Ozone Eclipse 2
Skimmers = 2 skimmers (independently plumbed)
Returns = 4 returns
Lights = 3 LED multi-color (2 in pool, 1 in spa)
Cleaner = Kreepy Krauly Platinum with booster pump
Pentair Easy Touch 8
Gunite - 12" bond beam, 8-10" walls/floors

Thanks in advance.

[attachment=2:17r6605a]Pool design v2.pdf[/attachment:17r6605a]
[attachment=1:17r6605a]Backyard from patio - House at concrete slab state.JPG[/attachment:17r6605a]
[attachment=0:17r6605a]Backyard from rear left corner looking back at patio - House at concrete slab state.JPG[/attachment:17r6605a]

Welcome to tfp, gdfein :wave:

I don't see a filter specified?

gdfein said:
Sanitation = Pentair Rainbow 320 and Del Ozone Eclipse 2
If the Rainbow 320 doesn't cost anything, then get it installed...you can use it when you go on vacation, but don't plan to use it as you primary chlorine source.

Ditch the Ozone, even with it your pool still needs a primary sanitizer, there are only three epa approved ones: chlorine, bromine and biguanide. Chlorine is the most trouble free sanitizer for outdoor residential pools and, with proper levels, the ozone is useless, other than costing you an arm and a leg.

I have a SWG pool and I love it. My previous pool was traditional chlorine and I would never go back. But my pool builder planned it as a salt water pool. No natural stone anywhere and the deck is a cantilevered self coping design with acrylic coating. Nothing for the salt to damage. I've noticed that while some builders shy away from salt, others design there pools specifically as salt water pools.

chiefwej said:
I have a SWG pool and I love it. My previous pool was traditional chlorine and I would never go back. But my pool builder planned it as a salt water pool. No natural stone anywhere and the deck is a cantilevered self coping design with acrylic coating. Nothing for the salt to damage. I've noticed that while some builders shy away from salt, others design there pools specifically as salt water pools.

How does a cantilevered self coping design help with preventing wear from salt? If seems to me that the acrylic coating is what resists the salt. Can you please help me understand? Thanks.

Garet Jax said:
How does a cantilevered self coping design help with preventing wear from salt? If seems to me that the acrylic coating is what resists the salt. Can you please help me understand? Thanks.

There is no separate coping. The acrylic coated concrete deck just extends an inch or so beyond the lip of the pool.

ab08f064.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.