Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floating debris caught on APC hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Floating debris caught on APC hose

Hi everyone. This is my first post but I have been reading the forums a lot and really appreciate all the information people have shared. Based on the discussions on the forum I purchased a Poolvernuegen automatic pool cleaner (which is great, love that it doesn't making the rhythmic Kreepy clicking sound). I also bought a PoolSkim to recover skimming action (still adjusting to optimize in my pool).

Anyway, to my question:

I am finding that some small floating debris I was hoping would make it to the PoolSkim gets caught up along the hose for the APC. Short of pulling the APC out of the pool, does anyone have suggestions for how to deal with this?

I thought that redirecting some returns to the surface might help to push the debris off the hose so it can circulate over to the PoolSkim but this doesn't seem to have worked.

Any advice or suggestions would be great....even if I just have to live with it

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Floating debris caught on APC hose

Debris gets caught on my floating cord for my robot, too. I have had two of them and I have learned to simply live with it.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Floating debris caught on APC hose

Fair enough

Running the handheld skimmer net along the hose takes care of the remaining debris fast enough. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something as I'm enjoying not having to do a lot of cleaning before enjoying the pool thanks to the Pool Cleaner and PoolSkim.