help........

Jul 9, 2012
new pool owner and just need help with my basics
ph 8.2
cl 0
tester was a 3 way tester from wally world
i know i need clorine do i bought 3in tabs new problem is my pump takes 1in can i cut these down to fit my filter in my krystal clear pump 637 R 1000 gph my pool calculater says 6000 gal in my pool its a intex metal pool frame 16 by 48" round. do i start with only one tab or put all three i bought in? what else (i know the pool school) should i keep on hand to do this week? i know ill need more stuff just wanna do this right.

intex 16 by 48" round 6000 gal metal frame
easiest way to maintaine
city water first fill 1/4 to go on the fill

Welcome to tfp, shumaker :wave:

Pool school (link on every page upper right) has some great info that will help you. To start with, read this article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/temporary_pool_guide then let us know what question you have.

shumaker said:
i know i need clorine do i bought 3in tabs new problem is my pump takes 1in can i cut these down to fit my filter
I am not sure what you mean by "pump takes 1"". If you are going to use tabs ( read this article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/types_chlorine_pool), then you will need a floater to put them in.

I am not aware of any intex's that do that. Maybe she was refering to putting it in the skimmer? We do not recommend that since those tabs really lower the ph and you would not want to have them in there when the pump is not running.

Lots of questions here. Can you go to your profile and post your details about what type of pool you have and what pump motor and filter you are using?

If you don't know, take some photos of you pool, the motor's label, the filters and it's label and your pipes and hoses. If we see these, we can make better suggestions.

One suggestion I know I can make, get yourself one of the test kits recommended in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.